22 Thành Ngữ Tiếng Anh Có Liên Quan Đến Từ EYE (Mắt)
Apple of Someone’s Eye = Cục cưng của ai đó (người thân hoặc món đồ cưng)
- Linda is the apple of her father’s eye.
- My iPhone 7 is the apple of my eye.
Bird’s-eye View = tầm nhìn bao quát
- His bird’s-eye view of the market will help us beat our competitors.
- The hotel provides a lovely bird’s-eye view over th
Bloodshot eyes = mắt đỏ ngầu vì bị bụi hoặc vì say rượu hoặc vì thiếu ngủ
- His eyes were bloodshot from lack of sleep.
Catch Someone’s Eye = bắt gặp ánh mắt ai đó, làm ai đó phải chú ý
- I caught the waitperson’s eye. He’ll be with us shortly.
- That house on Elm street certainly caught my eye. Should we talk a look inside.
Cry One’s Eyes Out = khóc sưng cả mắt
- I think you just need to cry your eyes out to get it all out of your system.
- Maria’s crying her eyes out. I wonder what happened?
Eagle Eye: con mắt tinh tường (quan sát tốt và giỏi phát hiện chi tiết hoặc sai sót)
- Show it to the editor. She has an eagle eye and will catch any mistake.
- Luckily Tom’s eagle eye saw the discounted sweater I was looking for.
Eye-candy = một người hoặc một vật trông rất bắt mắt
- That car is an eye-candy.
- That girl is an eye-candy.
Feast One’s Eyes on Something = nhìn cho đã mắt (món đồ quý)
- Feast your eyes on my new watch. Isn’t it beautiful?!
- I can’t stop feasting my eyes on my new car.
Get a Black Eye = (nghĩa đen) bị bầm mắt (nghĩa bóng: bị thua tơi tả)
- I got a black eye when I bumped into the door.
- I guess we got a black eye trying to compete with that big corporation.
Get some shut-eye = đi ngủ
- It’s time for me to get some shut-eye.
Get Stars in One’s Eyes = trầm trồ ngưỡng mộ, thần tượng ai đó hoặc bị ám ảnh muốn trở thành ngôi sao
- Ever since Janet got the lead role in the high school play, she’s got stars in her eyes.
- Just because you are handsome doesn’t mean you need to get stars in your eyes.
Give Someone the Eye = Nhìn ai bằng ánh mắt chê trách
- The teacher was giving me the eye during the test. I guess he thought I might cheat.
- Don’t give me the eye! You’re the one who caused this mess.
Have Eyes Bigger than Your Stomach = Mắt to hơn bụng
- Little children tend to have eyes bigger than their stomachs.
- I remember one crazy night when my best friend had eyes bigger than his stomach. He ordered more than six different meals!
Have Eyes in the Back of One’s Head = có gắn thêm con mắt sau lưng (cái gì cũng thấy)
- My mom had eyes in the back of her head. I never got away with anything.
- Do you have eyes in the back of your head? How did you notice that?
(Have/Keep Someone’s) Eyes Wide Open = Mắt mở to (vì ngạc nhiên hoặc sợ hãi hoặc giận dữ)
- He had his eyes wide open.
Hit the Bull’s-eye = bắn trúng hồng tâm (chạm mục tiêu)
- I think we hit the bull’s-eye with our new product line.
- You’ve hit the bull’s-eye by getting that job.
In the Public Eye = luôn bị dư luận soi xét
- You’ll be in the public eye if you take that job.
- Hollywood actors are all in the pubic eye.
Keep One’s Eye on the Ball = tập trung vào công việc
- You need to keep your eye on the ball no matter how long it takes to succeed.
- His ability to keep his eye on the ball assured his eventual success.
See eye to eye = có cùng quan điểm
- He and I don’t always see eye to eye.
To eyeball someone = trợn mắt đe dọa ai
- That bully eyeballs everyone like he wants to pick a fight. (Thằng đó ỷ to con ăn hiếp người khác gặp ai cũng trợn mắt với người ta như thể muốn đánh nhau.)
Turn a Blind Eye to Someone or Something = mắt nhắm mắt mở cho qua, bỏ qua
- Just turn a blind eye to Ted. He’ll never change.
- I’m going to turn a blind eye to that problem for the moment.
Without Batting an Eye = một cách tỉnh bơ, không hề chớp mắt (xem là chuyện nhỏ)
- He purchased the $2 million home without batting an eye.
- John made the decision without batting an eye.
ko liên quan